5-year-old suffers electric shock in swimming pool

By
August 16, 2010 15:16






A five year old was seriously injured on Monday when he suffered an electric shock while swimming in a pool in Kiryat Motzkin.





Following the accident, police ordered the immediate closure of the "Gali Gil" recreation center and evacuated all visitors.





Police said Monday that the boy suffered the electric shock the moment he entered the water, and that witnesses rushed to extract him from the pool and give him first aid. Rescue personnel who arrived at the scene found the boy lying unconscious on the side of the pool and rushed him to a nearby hospital.



Police will open an investigation into whether or not the proprietors of the pool were guilty of some sort of negligence that led to the accident.


Related Content

Breaking news
February 18, 2018
18 Hamas targets struck by the IDF Saturday night

By JPOST.COM STAFF

Israel Weather
  • 10 - 18
    Beer Sheva
    12 - 18
    Tel Aviv - Yafo
  • 8 - 13
    Jerusalem
    10 - 17
    Haifa
  • 14 - 23
    Elat
    12 - 19
    Tiberias