Barak: No-confidence vote 'not the result we were seeking'

By JPOST.COM STAFF
June 7, 2010 19:45




Defense Minister Ehud Barak on Monday admitted that the opposition's no confidence motion was “not the result” that the government had sought.

Echoing comments by Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu earlier in the afternoon, Barak told the Knesset plenum that the government was “coping, and will continue to cope, in order to make sure that [Israel] stays secure.”

He added that the government was working to “stop Hamas from becoming stronger in the [Gaza] Strip, to negotiate for the release of [captured IDF soldier Gilad] Schalit, and to foil terror attacks from the Strip.


Related Content

Breaking news
January 20, 2018
Turkey says hits 108 Kurdish militant targets in Syria airstrikes

By REUTERS

Israel Weather
  • 6 - 17
    Beer Sheva
    9 - 18
    Tel Aviv - Yafo
  • 6 - 12
    Jerusalem
    8 - 16
    Haifa
  • 11 - 22
    Elat
    9 - 19
    Tiberias