Doctors extract hat pin from Muslim girl's stomach

December 11, 2011 14:04

A "pearl"-topped hat pin that a 17-year-old Israeli Muslim girl held between her teeth to arrange her hijab head covering was extricated from her stomach at Schneider Children’s Medical Center after she accidentally swallowed it.

The girl was thus saved from bleeding and serious complications last week. The girl rushed to the emergency room of the Petah Tikva hospital. She told the doctors that when she was fixing her hijab and held the in in her mouth, she saw an insect climbing on the wall that scared her and led to her swallowing the round-headed pin.

Related Content

Breaking news
April 19, 2018
Report: EU gave asylum to more than half a million refugees in 2017


Israel Weather
  • 15 - 30
    Beer Sheva
    18 - 25
    Tel Aviv - Yafo
  • 15 - 26
    16 - 25
  • 20 - 36
    17 - 32