Hospital: 16 killed, 29 hurt in central Afghanistan attack

August 14, 2011 12:01

KABUL - At least 16 people, most of them government employees, have been killed in an attack by suicide bombers and gunmen on a governor's compound in central Afghanistan on Sunday, a doctor at the main provincial hospital said.

"So far we have received 16 bodies and 29 have been injured," Mohammad Asif, the chief doctor at the Parwan provincial hospital, told Reuters. "Most of the bodies are government employees."

Parwan governor Abdul Basir Salangi said as many as six suicide bombers attacked his compound earlier on Sunday. Several blasts and bursts of gunfire were heard during the attack, a Reuters witness said.

Related Content

Breaking news
March 22, 2018
Turkey says will drive Kurdish YPG from Syrian border area if no deal with U.S.


Israel Weather
  • 19 - 34
    Beer Sheva
    19 - 31
    Tel Aviv - Yafo
  • 20 - 29
    20 - 29
  • 25 - 35
    18 - 33