Infant hospitalized after accidental methadone ingestion

By
January 23, 2012 15:50




A two--year-old infant has been hospitalized at Rambam Medical Center in Haifa after his mother accidentally gave him methadone, police said.

The infant was brought to the hospital by her mother, who told doctors she gave him the powerful opiate thinking it was Nurofen to treat pains.

The infant is in serious condition, and has been placed in a medically-induced sleep by doctors.

Police in Haifa are investigating the incident.


Related Content

Breaking news
January 22, 2018
S.Korea's Moon says Olympics should lead to nuclear talks with U.S.

By REUTERS

Israel Weather
  • 11 - 19
    Beer Sheva
    14 - 18
    Tel Aviv - Yafo
  • 9 - 15
    Jerusalem
    13 - 17
    Haifa
  • 12 - 23
    Elat
    12 - 21
    Tiberias