Libya sacks Benghazi security chiefs after US attacks

ByREUTERS
September 17, 2012 18:26




TRIPOLI - Libya has sacked its security chiefs for Benghazi after a deadly attack on the US consulate in the eastern city last week, Interior Minister Fawzi Abdel A'al told Reuters.

Colonel Salahadeen Doghman will replace the deputy interior minister for the east, Wanis Sharif, as well as the head of national security for Benghazi, Hassan Bou Hmida.

"The decision to replace Mr Sharif and the security chief was made last week," Abdel A'al said.

"We will do what we think is right if there is a weakness within the security leadership that has affected the security work in the city."

Related Content
Breaking news
July 21, 2017
IDF captures a Palestinian suspect who tried to cross over to Israel

By ANNA AHRONHEIM