TRIPOLI - Libya and the United States have yet to agree how a US investigative team will cooperate in a probe into a deadly attack on the US consulate in Benghazi, a senior Libyan official said on Tuesday.
FBI agents were sent to Libya after the Sept. 11 attack on the US consulate and a safe house in which the US ambassador and three other Americans died. But so far, they have remained in Tripoli and have yet to go to Benghazi.
Deputy Foreign Minister Mohammed Abdel Aziz said the prosecutor general had so far given only verbal approval for a joint investigation.
"We are getting ready for the FBI team to go to Benghazi and meet with our team and start joint investigations together and also visit the site," he said.
Please LIKE our Facebook page - it makes us stronger: