Massachusetts considering ban on Romney records

By REUTERS
November 30, 2011 03:38




BOSTON - Massachusetts officials are reviewing a 14-year-old state court ruling to determine whether they should ban public access to paper records generated by leading Republican presidential contender Mitt Romney when he was the state's governor.

Officials said the review, revealed to Reuters, began after they received a surge of requests for records from Romney's governorship. It was not prompted by a request from Romney camp, they said.

The review follows reports by the Boston Globe newspaper last week that just before Romney left the governor's office in 2007, 11 of his top aides purchased their state-issued computer hard drives and internal emails from Romney's administration were wiped from a state server.

Republican and Democratic foes of Romney say the email scrub and questions about whether the public should have access to Romney's gubernatorial papers undermine efforts to assess his dealings as a politician and elected official.


Related Content

Breaking news
January 16, 2018
Ex-Trump adviser Steve Bannon subpoenaed in Russia probe

By REUTERS

Israel Weather
  • 8 - 18
    Beer Sheva
    12 - 18
    Tel Aviv - Yafo
  • 7 - 13
    Jerusalem
    11 - 16
    Haifa
  • 12 - 22
    Elat
    11 - 18
    Tiberias