Ministry: At least 28 killed in Yemen arms cache blast

By REUTERS
May 26, 2011 11:09




SANAA- Yemen's defense ministry said on Thursday that at least 28 people were killed in an explosion at an arms storage area in Sanaa during overnight fighting.

It also said in a notice on its website the government's prosecutor has ordered the arrest of top leaders of the tribal group led by the al-Ahmar family, one of the groups siding with protesters seeking to oust entrenched President Ali Abdullah Saleh.

A government official said separately that the headquarters of an opposition TV station had been "destroyed" without providing further details.


Related Content

Breaking news
January 21, 2018
North Korean delegation arrives in South Korea for Olympics prep

By REUTERS

Israel Weather
  • 5 - 19
    Beer Sheva
    9 - 20
    Tel Aviv - Yafo
  • 7 - 13
    Jerusalem
    8 - 17
    Haifa
  • 11 - 23
    Elat
    9 - 21
    Tiberias