CAIRO - Around 200 supporters of Hosni Mubarak began a protest on Saturday which they said would continue until the deposed Egyptian President is transferred from prison to hospital.
Security officials and media have reported a severe deterioration in the 84-year-old's health since he was sentenced to life last week for his role in the killing of hundreds of protesters during last year's popular uprising that toppled him.
"There are around 200 Mubarak's supporters and lawyers in front of the Prisons Authority and we will not leave until Mubarak is transferred to either a military or private hospital," said Mohamed Abdel Razek, one of Mubarak's lawyers.
Jerusalem Post Annual Conference. Buy it now, Special offer. Come meet Israel's top leaders