North Korea says ready for six-party talks

By REUTERS
August 1, 2011 05:55




SEOUL - North Korea said on Monday it was prepared to resume six party nuclear disarmament talks without preconditions at an early date following a flurry of diplomatic activity to restart the stalled process.

"The DPRK remains unchanged in its stand to resume the six-party talks without preconditions at an early date and comprehensively implement the Sept. 19 joint statement on the principle of simultaneous action," North Korea's foreign ministry said.

A top North Korean diplomat visited the United States last week in the first such contact between the sides in 19 months, a week after the two Koreas' nuclear envoys met. The meetings have raised hopes for a resumption of six-party talks.


Related Content

Breaking news
January 21, 2018
Turkey's economy will not be affected by operation in Syria's Afrin

By REUTERS

Israel Weather
  • 9 - 19
    Beer Sheva
    11 - 20
    Tel Aviv - Yafo
  • 9 - 13
    Jerusalem
    12 - 18
    Haifa
  • 13 - 23
    Elat
    11 - 21
    Tiberias