Officials: Body found is that of missing US man

By ASSOCIATED PRESS
September 12, 2010 07:16




HERCULES, California — Authorities confirmed that a body found in a northern California home is that of a 35-year-old man who had been missing since his father was found bludgeoned to death two weeks ago.

The Contra Costa County Coroner's office positively identified the body of Frederick Sales through dental records Saturday, said Hercules police spokeswoman Doreen Mathews. The cause of death is still pending.

Police and FBI agents found Sales' body Thursday when they returned to the home where his father, 73-year-old Ricardo Sales, was found dead earlier to collect additional evidence. It was heavily wrapped in three layers of plastic and a carpet behind a fake wall in a J-shaped closet under some stairs.

The body was sealed so tightly that no smells could escape, authorities have said.

A man who was shot and killed by the California Highway Patrol following a high-speed chase was a suspect in the death of the elder Sales. Ricardo Sales was found in the home on Aug. 27.

Police say they are certain that the suspect, Efren Valdemoro, was also behind the younger Sales's death.


Related Content

Breaking news
January 17, 2018
Kidnappers abduct 2 Americans, 2 Canadians in Nigeria, 2 police killed

By REUTERS

Israel Weather
  • 8 - 16
    Beer Sheva
    12 - 16
    Tel Aviv - Yafo
  • 8 - 11
    Jerusalem
    11 - 15
    Haifa
  • 11 - 20
    Elat
    11 - 17
    Tiberias