Report: Attack on Guinean president repelled

By REUTERS
July 19, 2011 09:49

CONAKRY - Heavily armed assailants attacked the residence of Guinean President Alpha Conde early on Tuesday but Conde escaped injury and is in safety, a presidency source and eyewitnesses said.

"The president was there, but he is safe and sound," said the presidency source, adding that there had been substantial damage to the residence in a suburb of the capital Conakry from gunfire and rocket launchers. The attack had been repelled by Conde's guards, the source said.


Related Content

Breaking news
April 21, 2018
Trump says progress being made by all, after N. Korea vow to stop nuclear tests

By REUTERS

Israel Weather
  • 14 - 25
    Beer Sheva
    16 - 22
    Tel Aviv - Yafo
  • 12 - 21
    Jerusalem
    15 - 21
    Haifa
  • 19 - 36
    Elat
    17 - 28
    Tiberias