Report: Attacks in Nigeria's Kano kill over 100

By REUTERS
January 21, 2012 17:18

ABUJA - More than 100 people were killed in bomb attacks and gunfights in Nigeria's second largest city Kano late on Friday, a senior local government security source told Reuters, in the deadliest coordinated strike claimed by Islamist sect Boko Haram to date.

"Definitely more than 100 have been killed," the source, who could not be named, said. "There were bombs and then gunmen were attacking police and police came back with attacks." Hospital staff said there were still bodies arriving at morgues in Kano.

Boko Haram has claimed responsibility for the attack. The sect has killed hundreds in the north of Africa's most populous nation in the last year.


Related Content

Breaking news
February 22, 2018
11 Palestinians arrested overnight by security forces

By JPOST.COM STAFF

Israel Weather
  • 9 - 22
    Beer Sheva
    10 - 20
    Tel Aviv - Yafo
  • 9 - 16
    Jerusalem
    11 - 19
    Haifa
  • 17 - 25
    Elat
    12 - 22
    Tiberias