Report: Bulgaria’s position on Burgas probe 'unchanged'

By JPOST.COM STAFF
June 11, 2013 03:01

1 minute read.



Bulgaria’s position on the results of the investigation into the July 2012 terrorist bomb attack at Burgas Airport has not changed, Bulgarias foreign minister said on Monday, according to Bulgarian daily The Sofia Globe.

The Globe reported that Foreign Minister Kristian Vigenin told the Israeli ambassador in Sofia, Shaul Kamisa-Raz, that Bulgaria is relying on its foreign partners to provide the requested legal assistance in the case.

"We place high value on the support of Israel for the development of our potential to combat terrorism. We have no choice but to co-operate for the sake of the security of the citizens of both countries,” The Globe quoted Vigenin as saying.

Last week, Vigenin caused controversy by saying Bulgaria only had an "indication" that Lebanon's Hezbollah might have been behind a deadly bus bombing in July and that this alone did not justify any European Union move to list it as a terrorist group.

"It is important that the (EU) decision be based not only on the bombing in Burgas because I think the evidence we have is not explicit," Foreign Minister Kristian Vigenin told national state radio BNR.

Reuters contributed to this report.


Related Content

Breaking news
January 20, 2018
Ex-military chief of staff to run in Egyptian presidential election

By REUTERS

Israel Weather
  • 7 - 17
    Beer Sheva
    12 - 18
    Tel Aviv - Yafo
  • 6 - 12
    Jerusalem
    11 - 16
    Haifa
  • 11 - 22
    Elat
    9 - 19
    Tiberias