Russia confirms 2nd swine flu case

By
May 25, 2009 00:07

A man who returned last week from a honeymoon in the Dominican Republic has been hospitalized with Russia's second confirmed case of swine flu, health officials said Sunday. The 25-year-old Russian man reported feeling ill Wednesday, a day after returning to Moscow from 12 days in the Dominican resort town of Punta Cana, and was hospitalized Thursday, the state consumer protection agency Rospotrebnadzor said on its Web site. He was in satisfactory condition, it said. The man, a resident of the Kaluga province southwest of Moscow, was on his honeymoon, the Interfax and RIA-Novosti news agencies cited Rospotrebnadzor chief Gennady Onishchenko as saying. The man's wife was being monitored but has shown no signs of illness, Onishchenko was quoted as saying.


Related Content

Breaking news
April 20, 2018
U.S. tells Russia to address election concerns, chemical weapons

By REUTERS

Israel Weather
  • 15 - 27
    Beer Sheva
    18 - 23
    Tel Aviv - Yafo
  • 15 - 23
    Jerusalem
    16 - 22
    Haifa
  • 20 - 36
    Elat
    18 - 28
    Tiberias