Salehi: No point in making concessions on nuclear program

By JPOST.COM STAFF
November 13, 2011 17:23

Iranian Foreign Minister Ali Akbar Salehi seemingly rejected the possibility of a diplomatic solution to ease tensions over the country's controversial nuclear program on Sunday, accusing the West of using the nuclear issue as "a pretext" to weaken Iran.

"I think there is no purpose in making additional concessions," Salehi said in an interview with the German weekly Der Spiegel.

Salehi rejected the report released by the International Atomic Energy Agency last week, which said that evidence suggests Iran is working toward a nuclear weapon. The Iranian foreign minister accused the UN nuclear watchdog and its head Yukiya Amano of giving up "objectivity," and bowing to pressure from "certain countries."

“We will call him and the atomic energy authority to account for these conclusions,” he told Der Spiegel.


Related Content

Breaking news
February 24, 2018
Syrian Observatory says strikes hit Ghouta after UN vote

By REUTERS

Israel Weather
  • 9 - 21
    Beer Sheva
    12 - 19
    Tel Aviv - Yafo
  • 9 - 15
    Jerusalem
    11 - 17
    Haifa
  • 14 - 26
    Elat
    11 - 21
    Tiberias