Saudi says two killed in gunfight in eastern province

By REUTERS
November 24, 2011 04:31

RIYADH - Two people were killed and three wounded in an exchange of fire on Thursday between Saudi security forces and what the interior ministry called gunmen serving a foreign power.

In a statement quoted on the Saudi Press Agency, the ministry said shooting erupted on Thursday during the funeral of a person killed in what it described as a string of attacks earlier this week on security checkpoints in the oil-producing province, where much of the kingdom's Shi'ite minority lives.

The ministry earlier this week denied that Shi'ites had been killed by bullets fired by police in Qatif.


Related Content

Breaking news
February 21, 2018
Lebanon arrests former ISIS financial official

By REUTERS

Israel Weather
  • 11 - 21
    Beer Sheva
    12 - 20
    Tel Aviv - Yafo
  • 9 - 17
    Jerusalem
    12 - 17
    Haifa
  • 14 - 25
    Elat
    11 - 22
    Tiberias