Turkish court remands 3 suspects in mine disaster investigation

By REUTERS
May 18, 2014 22:11




SOMA, Turkey - A Turkish court ruled on Sunday to keep three suspects in custody out of 25 people detained on a provisional charge of "causing multiple deaths" in last week's mine disaster, the prosecutor in charge of the case said.

Prosecutor Bekir Sahiner told reporters an initial report on the possible causes of the accident, in which 301 people died, indicated that the fire could have been triggered by coal heating up after it came into contact with the air.

Related Content
Breaking news
October 18, 2017
Iraqi forces take control of Kurdish-held areas in Mosul's Niveveh's province

By REUTERS

Israel Weather
  • 16 - 31
    Beer Sheva
    19 - 29
    Tel Aviv - Yafo
  • 19 - 27
    Jerusalem
    19 - 29
    Haifa
  • 23 - 33
    Elat
    20 - 32
    Tiberias