Turkish official: Ankara not involved in raid on Somalian Islamist militia

By REUTERS
October 5, 2013 18:25

ANKARA - Turkish special forces did not take any part in a dawn attack on a stronghold of the Somalian Islamist militia al Shaabab, a foreign ministry official said on Saturday, denying an accusation by the Islamist militia.

Al Shabaab had said British and Turkish special forces carried out a raid in the small town of Barawe in the south of the country, killing one rebel. It said a British officer had been killed and several British soldiers and one Turk wounded.

"No such thing has taken place," the Turkish official said.


Related Content

Breaking news
April 20, 2018
U.N. envoy says pushing inspectors "to do their job" in Syria's Douma

By REUTERS

Israel Weather
  • 16 - 27
    Beer Sheva
    18 - 23
    Tel Aviv - Yafo
  • 16 - 23
    Jerusalem
    16 - 22
    Haifa
  • 23 - 36
    Elat
    17 - 28
    Tiberias