UN's Ban condemns Eilat attacks, concerned of escalation

ByJPOST.COM STAFF
August 18, 2011 18:49




UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon on Thursday strongly condemned the three-staged terror attack which killed seven people and wounded dozens more in the South earlier in the day.

"The secretary-general hopes that the perpetrators are swiftly identified and brought to justice.  He is concerned at the risk of escalation and calls for all to act with restraint," a UN statement said.

Ban expressed his condolences to the families of the victims and wished a speedy recovery to the injured.

Related Content
Breaking news
August 19, 2017
Spanish government maintains security alert level, says no attack imminent

By REUTERS