US court hearing set in Strauss-Kahn civil lawsuit

December 4, 2012 16:44

NEW YORK - Former International Monetary Fund head Dominique Strauss-Kahn and the hotel maid who accused him of sexual assault will appear in New York state court next week to brief a judge on the status of settlement talks in the maid's civil case against him.

The setting of the court date comes just days after a source familiar with the matter said the two sides had reached a preliminary agreement to settle the case.

"The parties have been directed to appear before me on December 10 to report on the status of settlement discussions," Justice Douglas McKeon, the Bronx County Supreme Court judge overseeing the case, said on Tuesday. "If the case settles, this will be announced in open court on that date."

Strauss-Kahn's lawyers in the United States and France have acknowledged that a deal was under discussion but said last week that no settlement had been reached. They denied a report that the 63-year-old had agreed to pay the maid, Nafissatou Diallo, $6 million to end the lawsuit.

A source familiar with the case said the amount of any settlement would likely be the subject of a confidentiality agreement.

Related Content

Breaking news
March 20, 2018
Expelled Russian diplomats leave London


Israel Weather
  • 13 - 28
    Beer Sheva
    12 - 22
    Tel Aviv - Yafo
  • 13 - 23
    12 - 22
  • 18 - 31
    14 - 28