US judge refuses to order anti-Muslim film off YouTube

By REUTERS
December 1, 2012 07:24

LOS ANGELES - An actress who said she was duped into appearing in an anti-Islam film that stoked violent protests against the United States across the Muslim world has lost her second legal bid to force the video off of YouTube.

Denying a request by actress Cindy Lee Garcia for a court order requiring the popular online video site to remove the crudely made 13-minute clip, a federal judge found she was unlikely to prevail on her claims of copyright infringement.

US District Judge Michael Fitzgerald of Santa Clara, California, also canceled a December 3 hearing he had previously set for oral arguments over Garcia's request.

Garcia's lawyer, Cris Armenta, told Reuters she planned to appeal the decision.


Related Content

Breaking news
April 24, 2018
N.Korean leader visits China embassy, hospital after fatal bus crash

By REUTERS

Israel Weather
  • 11 - 31
    Beer Sheva
    14 - 25
    Tel Aviv - Yafo
  • 14 - 27
    Jerusalem
    13 - 25
    Haifa
  • 18 - 33
    Elat
    15 - 32
    Tiberias