ramas kitchen 311.
(photo credit: Courtesy)
2 teaspoons yeast
1 teaspoon sugar
1-1/2 cups warm water
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons salt
4 cups bread flour
1/3 cup pizza sauce
¾ cup grated Parmesan cheese
2/3 cup grated mozzarella cheese
¼ cup sliced black olives
½ teaspoon basil
¼ teaspoon oregano
1. In a large bowl, proof yeast and sugar in warm until foamy – about 10 minutes. Whisk in oil and salt.
2. Stir in flour and knead until a smooth, elastic dough forms. (Add extra flour if necessary). Sprinkle 1 teaspoon oil around edges of bowl and roll dough in it to coat. Cover with damp cloth and let rise 1 hour.
3. Grease a 9-inch tube pan. Roll dough into a 15 x 10-inch rectangle. Spread sauce over dough to within 1 inch of the edges. Sprinkles with cheeses, olives and spices.
4. Roll up dough jelly-roll style and place in pan. Pinch ends to seal. Cover again and let rise until doubled – about 1-1/2 hours.
5. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Bake loaf for 20 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350 degrees and bake an additional 35 minutes.
6. Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes before removing pizza loaf from pan. Best eaten warm.