Stir Fry 311.
(photo credit: Courtesy)
THAI SESAME NOODLES
2 teaspoons sesame seeds
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
9 medium size scallions, white and green parts minced separately
9 garlic cloves, minced
1 ½ tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
½ teaspoon red pepper flakes (or to your taste)
1 ½ cups chicken stock
3 ½ tablespoons sugar
3 tablespoons rice vinegar
3 Tablespoons soy sauce
2 Tablespoons sesame paste (tahini)
1 pound linguini or spaghetti, cooked
1 large cucumber, peeled, and thinly sliced
2 carrots, shredded
¼ cup cilantro, chopped
1. In a non-stick skillet, toast sesame seeds for 1-2 minutes, stirring often until golden brown. Remove from pan and set aside.
2. Add oils and cook scallion whites, garlic, ginger and red pepper flakes, and sauté 2-3 minutes until garlic is soft but not brown.
3. Add chicken stock, sugar, vinegar, soy sauce and sesame paste. Bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes, stirring constantly or until the tahini has dissolved.
4. Pour the sesame paste sauce over the pasta and toss to coat. Add carrots, cucumbers and cilantro.
5. Toss together and mound in the center of a serving platter. Sprinkle top with scallion greens. Serve at room temperature.