Vietnamese chicken soup
Use up leftover chicken in this traditional Vietnamese soup.
June 27, 2011 15:33
Tortialla Soup 311.
(photo credit: GOURMETKOSHERCOOKING.COM)
VIETNAMESE CHICKEN SOUP
2 tablespoons oil
4 carrots, thinly sliced
2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
2 teaspoons minced garlic
12 cups chicken broth
4 ounces rice noodles or vermicelli
3 cups cubed cooked chicken
2 scallions, thinly sliced
¼ cup hoisin sauce
¼ cup sesame sauce
½ teaspoon hot pepper sauce
1. Heat oil in a large stockpot over medium-high heat.
2. Add carrots, celery and garlic and sauté for about 5 minutes.
3. Add broth and bring to a boil.
4. Add rice noodles or vermicelli and return to a boil.
5. Cook, uncovered, until noodles are ready.
6. Stir in remaining ingredients and heat through.