Basque separatist group ETA calls off cease-fire

By
June 5, 2007 10:33

The armed Basque separatist group ETA said Tuesday it has called off the cease-fire it declared last year, setting the stage for a resumption of attacks. ETA said in a statement sent to two Basque newspapers that the truce it called in March 2006 will end as of midnight Tuesday. ETA said it will be "active on all fronts to defend the Basque homeland."


Related Content

Holocaust survivors enter Auschwitz 73 years after its liberation on Holocaust Remembrance Day, Janu
February 20, 2018
Polish minister says backs idea to create "Polocaust" museum

By REUTERS

Israel Weather
  • 8 - 21
    Beer Sheva
    10 - 21
    Tel Aviv - Yafo
  • 8 - 17
    Jerusalem
    12 - 17
    Haifa
  • 12 - 24
    Elat
    12 - 21
    Tiberias