Germany: 24 injured in nursing home fire

By
December 24, 2008 12:54

German Police said 24 people have been injured in a fire caused by a Christmas candle at a nursing home in southern Germany. Rescue officials in the Bavarian city of Straubing say they extinguished the blaze that injured 22 elderly residents, a nurse and a firefighter on Wednesday morning. Most were treated for smoke inhalation and released, but the 69-year-old man who lived in the room where the fire began was badly hurt. He was pulled out of the room by a nurse. Police said the fire was probably started by his Advent wreath, a traditional decoration with candles to mark each of the four weeks before Christmas.


Related Content

April 21, 2018
North Korea says will stop nuclear tests, scrap test site

By REUTERS

Israel Weather
  • 14 - 25
    Beer Sheva
    16 - 22
    Tel Aviv - Yafo
  • 12 - 21
    Jerusalem
    15 - 21
    Haifa
  • 19 - 36
    Elat
    17 - 28
    Tiberias