PA may get break in $193m. terror lawsuit in New York

By
March 29, 2009 08:18




A US magistrate in New York said the Palestinian Authority deserves a $73 million break in a lawsuit over a terrorist attack in Israel. The judge recommended a reduction this week in the $193 million bond that the PA had been required to post as a condition of reopening a suit over a massacre at a bat mitzvah celebration in 2002. Palestinian officials had said they needed a reduction because they are nearly bankrupt. The magistrate has now suggested a $120 million bond, to be paid with $20 million down and the rest in monthly installments of $5 million. The recommendation still needs to be approved by a district judge. The lawsuit was brought by the family of American victim Aharon Ellis, one of six people killed in the attack.


Related Content

US President Donald Trump, German Chancellor Angela Merkel and French President Emmanuel Macron at t
February 19, 2018
U.S. seeks European commitment to 'improve' Iran nuclear deal

By MICHAEL WILNER

Israel Weather
  • 8 - 18
    Beer Sheva
    10 - 18
    Tel Aviv - Yafo
  • 8 - 13
    Jerusalem
    11 - 16
    Haifa
  • 13 - 23
    Elat
    10 - 20
    Tiberias