S. Korean staying in China after fleeing N. Korea

By
June 16, 2007 06:49

A South Korean man kidnapped by the communist North more than 30 years ago has escaped and is now safe with South Korean authorities in China, an activist said Saturday. Lee Han-seop, 59, fled the North last month and is at a South Korean consulate in China, said Choi Sung-yong, the head of a group of relatives of South Koreans allegedly kidnapped by the North. The activist declined to specify which consulate Lee was staying in, out of concerns for the escapee's safety.


Related Content

April 23, 2018
Kate, wife of UK's Prince William, taken to hospital to give birth

By REUTERS

Israel Weather
  • 14 - 25
    Beer Sheva
    14 - 22
    Tel Aviv - Yafo
  • 13 - 21
    Jerusalem
    14 - 22
    Haifa
  • 19 - 31
    Elat
    15 - 28
    Tiberias