JPost top 5 logo.
(photo credit: JPOST STAFF)
1. Amid recent construction efforts at a branch of a German research institute in Munich, dozens of anatomical parts were uncovered dating back to the WWII era, Army Radio reported Wednesday.
Read more: Gruesome discovery in Germany raises questions about Holocaust-era experiments
2. US Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump said he will meet Mexico's president on Wednesday, hours before he sets out proposals to crack down on illegal immigration that have stirred up widespread anger among Mexicans.
Read more: Trump to visit Mexico, meet with president who compared him to Hitler
3. Saudi state-run media appears to be softening its reporting on Israel, running unprecedented columns floating the prospect of direct relations, quoting Israeli officials and filling its newsholes with fewer negative stories on Israel’s relationship with the Palestinians.
Read more: In Saudi Arabia, signs of an effort to break the Israel taboo
4. The Shin Bet (Israel Security Agency) together with the IDF, Israel Police and the Civil Administration shut down the "al-Snabel" radio station in the West Bank overnight, security forces said on Wednesday.
Read more: Israel shuts down Palestinian radio station for incitement in overnight raid
5. Abraham Peck, a Holocaust survivor who miraculously endured nine Nazi concentration camps, died late last week at the age of 91.
Read more: Holocaust survivor of 9 concentration camps dies at age 91