JPost top 5 logo.
(photo credit: JPOST STAFF)
1. Luke Baker, a Reuters reporter was detained by Hamas officials in Gaza on Thursday according to his Twitter account.
Read more: Reuters reporter taken into custody by Hamas officials in Gaza
2. A senior leader of the Islamist group Hamas said the Palestinian movement was not seeking a new war with Israel and insisted a network of tunnels it is digging, some of which have reached into Israel in the past, was "defensive."
Read more: Hamas official: We're not seeking a war with Israel, our tunnels are defensive
3. During a trip to the Beit She’an Valley in northern Israel, a 7-year-old boy made a remarkable discovery - a rare 3,400-year-old relic.
Read more: Boy, 7, finds 3,400-year-old statuette in Beit She’an Valley
4. Jerusalem mayor lashes out at UK Prime Minister Cameron's comments that he was "shocked" at east Jerusalem settlement construction.
Read more: Barkat questions Cameron’s understanding of facts on ground in east Jerusalem
5. After Iran announces that it will finance the families of Palestinian "martyrs," Netanyahu says that nuclear deal has not stopped Tehran's support for terrorism.
Read more: Netanyahu: Nuclear deal hasn't stopped Iran's support for terror