JPost top 5 logo.
(photo credit: JPOST STAFF)
1. The rapprochement agreement between Israel and Turkey will strengthen Israel's position in the region, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said in Rome on Monday announcing the reaching of the accord more than six years after the Mavi Marmara incident.
Read more: Israel, Turkey officially reconcile: Netanyahu says Gaza blockade to remain
2. Those who think the Israel-Turkey reconciliation will have a significant impact on Hamas are sorely mistaken about Turkey’s influence on the terror organization, former National Security Advisor Maj. Gen. (res.) Yaakov Amidror said Monday.
Read more: 'Those who think Israel-Turkey deal will have a significant impact on Hamas are mistaken'
3. The Democratic Party plans to declare in its platform opposition to the Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions movement, a top priority for the party's presumptive presidential nominee, Hillary Clinton, The Jerusalem Post has learned.
Read more: Exclusive: For first time, Democrats to condemn BDS, recognize Palestinian right to self govern
4. The United States has tested the short-range interceptor missile used by Israel's Iron Dome system with a view to incorporating it or a future American counterpart in European-based air defenses against Russia, a US Army general said on Monday.
Read more: US eyes Israeli short-range missile interceptor for Europe defense
5. Last Sunday I was honored to attend the annual Iftar at Finchley Reform Synagogue, one of a number where I have been welcomed in my first Ramadan as mayor of London.
Read more: London Mayor Sadiq Khan to 'Post': I have zero-tolerance for anti-Semitism in my city