print gohome
The Jerusalem Post - Israel News
 
Print Edition
Photo by: IDF SPOKESMAN'S OFFICE
Palestinian who threatened IDF officer ordered by court to stay in police custody
By JPOST.COM STAFF
08/29/2014
The Petah Tikva Magistrate’s Court extended remand of Zuhib Zahde, 32, who opened a Facebook page titled "Hebron Intifada."
 
The Petah Tikva Magistrate’s Court on Friday extended the remand of a Palestinian resident of the West Bank town of Hebron who is accused of inciting violence against IDF soldiers, including the commander of the Golani infantry brigade.

Zuhib Zahde, 32, was ordered to stay in police custody for an additional six days after the IDF arrested him for threatening soldiers on the Internet.

Last month, shortly after the start of Operation Protective Edge, investigators discovered a Facebook group that was opened by Zahde under the title “Hebron Intifada.” Zahde posted threatening messages against the Golani commander, Col. Rasan Alian, his family, and other soldiers serving in the brigade.

Alian, the first Druse commander of Golani, was wounded in heavy clashes with Hamas in the early stages of the operation. Shortly after his hospitalization, he said he was set to return to his soldiers. "I want to go back to Gaza, and get to as many terrorists as possible," Alian said.

print gohome
print

Copyright © 2014 Jpost Inc. All rights reserved • Terms of UsePrivacy Policy