In 1937, just over 200 Jews resided in the German town of Rexingen. Some of them relocated as a group to Moshav Shavei Zion in the late 1930s; every other Jew there who couldn’t bring himself to leave his home, or was too old or too ill to do so, perished in the Holocaust.

Jews had lived in Rexingen for over 400 years, first arriving in 1516 when the Knights of St. John – a Christian order dating back to the 11th century – offered them protection. Most of the Jewish inhabitants were farmers or owned small businesses, and the town boasted a variety of Jewish institutions.

Read More...
Please LIKE our Facebook page - it makes us stronger