Hamas, al-Aksa reconsider ceasefire after killings

By JPOST.COM STAFF
November 2, 2005 03:56
1 minute read.

A Hamas spokesman said Tuesday night that that at this point, no decision had been taken within Hamas whether or not to maintain their commitment to a period of calm. In an interview with the al-Arabiya network, he added that Hamas was obligated to defend the Palestinian people against all attackers, Israel Radio reported. In another announcement Tuesday, the al-Aksa Martyrs' Brigades threatened to renew attacks against Israel. One leader said that the targeted assassination of al-Aksa leader Hassan Madhoun put an end to the newly-minted agreement arrived at with the PA about stopping Kassam attacks on Israel around the period of the holiday of Eid al-Fitr.



More about:Hamas, Eid ul-Fitr


Related Content

Hossein Salami, deputy head of Iran's Revolutionary Guard, speaks during Tehran's Friday prayers Jul
April 21, 2018
Iranian generals: Israel 'has nowhere to run'

By YASSER OKBI/MAARIV

Israel Weather
  • 14 - 25
    Beer Sheva
    16 - 22
    Tel Aviv - Yafo
  • 12 - 21
    Jerusalem
    15 - 21
    Haifa
  • 19 - 36
    Elat
    17 - 28
    Tiberias