Mother, daughter killed in Tel Aviv apartment fire
Electric heater likely set mattress on fire, starting blaze; 80-year-old woman, daughter believed to have died from smoke inhalation.
FIREFIGHTER [file] Photo: Marc Israel Sellem/The Jerusalem Post
A fire broke out in a Tel Aviv apartment on Arlozorov Street overnight Sunday killing a mother and daughter.
called to the scene by neighbors who smelled smoke forced their way into the apartment through a window and put out the blaze. They then discovered the bodies of an approximately 80-year-old woman and her daughter, who was in her 50s. MDA paramedics pronounced the women dead on the scene.
An initial investigation
into the incident determined that an electric heater set a mattress on
fire, sparking the conflagration.
The mother and daughter are believed to have died of smoke inhalation.