Emanuel Rosen 370.
(photo credit:Wikimedia Commons)
Police said Sunday there was sufficient evidence to charge former journalist Emmanuel Rosen with sexual harassment almost six months after they began investigating him.
The National Fraud Investigative unit said Sunday that they have finished the investigation and passed the material on to the central branch of the District Attorney's office.
In July Rosen was investigated by police
for nine hours under caution, following a bombshell report in Haaretz
in April that he had been accused of a series of sex crimes by women who worked with him in the past.
At the time, Rosen's media adviser Ronen Moshe said “we welcome the opportunity for Emmanuel to present his version of events and for the truth to be determined by facts and not rumors and wild incitement. We trust in the police and call for them to unearth the truth.”
Sunday's report by police means that Rosen would potentially face much weaker charges than those made by women who worked with him, including obsessive sexual harassment and sexual assault. Others quoted in the Haaretz
report said that Rosen could be charged with rape.
The news on Sunday came four days after former TV newsman Sharon Gal was questioned under caution by the same unit as Rosen for sexual harassment allegations.
Relevant to your professional network? Please share on Linkedin