UNITED NATIONS - The United States, South Korea, Japan and European nations have submitted to the UN Security Council's North Korea sanctions committee lists of individuals and firms they want blacklisted after Pyongyang's recent rocket launch, envoys said on Monday.

Earlier this month the 15-nation council strongly condemned North Korea's April 13 rocket launch, called for adding new names to the list of those hit by existing UN sanctions and warned Pyongyang of further consequences if it carried out another missile launch or nuclear test.

"So far the United States, European council members, South Korea and Japan have proposed new designations ahead of tomorrow's midnight deadline (to agree on new names)," a council diplomat told Reuters on condition of anonymity.

It was not immediately clear which firms and individuals the council would blacklist, assuming it reached agreement.

Please LIKE our Facebook page - it makes us stronger