A 14-year-old boy is in critical condition and doctor's fear he may suffer serious neurological damage, after he was poisoned by methane gas on Kibbutz Tsor'a near Beit Shemesh.
Paramedics said the boy was working with his father at the kibbutz stockyard, helping him pump bovine waste into a tanker truck when he fell unconscious on top of the truck.
Shimon Buhbut, a paramedic called to the scene said paramedics scaled to the top of the truck and performed CPR, reviving the boy, who was at one point clinically dead. A forklift was soon brought to the scene to lower the boy to a gurney and from there into a waiting ambulance.
Hadassah Ein Kerem Director Dr. Yoram Weiss said that the boy was taken to the trauma unit in critical condition, and that doctors fear that he could possibly have neurological damage after his brain stopped receiving oxygen after he fell unconscious.