* AACI SUCCOT GUIDED WALKING TOURS IN ENGLISH
- Today: Ein Kerem, 9:45 a.m., corner Ein Kerem and HaMayan Streets. Yemin Moshe Windmill (054-5221665). Saturday: Magical Night Tour of the Tower of David Museum with "Soundscapes", 7:30 outside Museum (054-5221665).
Out of the Walls - Mishkenot Sha'ananaim, Machaneh Yisrael, Nahalat Shiva, 9:45 a.m. New Scenic Promenades, Old Borders - A Walk Along the Pre-1967 Jerusalem Boundary Line, 9:45 a.m., beginning Haas Promenade (050-7717635).
From Herzl Through Holocaust to Homeland, 9:45 a.m., Har Herzl entrance (054-4989789). Russian Compound Including the Underground PrisonerÃ•s Museum, 2:30 Beit Sergei, Heleni HaMalka (054-5221665).
Biblical Gardens of the Historical Hansen Hospital, 2:30, corner David Marcus and Dubov (054-7446123).
Splendor and Sadness of Second Temple Period Jerusalem, 2:30, Mizrachi Bank, Jewish Quarter (054-4989789). Old City for First Timers, 7:30, Jaffa Gate (054-7837998).
Rediscovering Rehavia, 9:45 a.m., Prima Kings Hotel (054-7837998). From Musrara to St. George's Cathedral, 9:45 a.m., Lifeline for the Aged Shivtei Yisrael (02-6715288).
Kibbutz Ramat Rachel and Old Talpiot, 2:30, Ramat Rachel Hotel (054-7837998).
Jewish Quarter During the 19th and Early 20th Centuries, 2:30, #38 bus stop, Jewish Quarter (054-5221665).
Secrets of Mamila Revealed, 7:30, Mamila and King David (054-4363771).
Secrets of David's City, 9:45 a.m., Dung Gate (054-4602253).
Bucharian Quarter and Meah She'arim, 9:45 a.m., Davidka Square (054-7837998).
In the Footsteps of Famous Jerusalem Women of the 19th and 20th Centuries, 2:30, Beit Sergei, Heleni HaMalka (054-5221665).
Secrets of Mamila Revealed, 2:30, Mamila and King David (054-4363771). In the Footsteps of the Six Day War, 2:30, Ammunition Hill (054-7837998).
A 'Grave' Situation â€¹ Yemin Moshe and Environs, 9:45 a.m., King David Hotel (054-4602253).
Rechov HaNevi'im and Environs, 9:45a.m., Davidka Square (054-5221665). No reservations required. Tours 2.5-3.5 hours. & 050-2166775/www.aaci.org.il
SIMHAT BEIT HA-SHOE'VA
(Drawing of Water Celebration)
In conjunction with the Water in Art and Life exhibition. Jerusalem Folklore Ensemble, Ahla Tof Drum Group, Yonatan Shahar and Si Himan. Activity Yard: The Joy of Water. A Gift for the Temple with Omer the Storyteller (12). Liquid Art Workshop, Making Pan Flutes, Sun. and Mon., 11 a.m., 12 and 1. Israel Museum, Sun.-Tues., 10 a.m.-2:30. Succot Museum opening hours: today and Wed., 10 a.m.-2; Sat.-Mon. and Thurs., 10 a.m.-5; Tues., 10 a.m.-9
SUCCOT AT THE TOWER OF DAVID MUSEUM
- Evening Opening hours for Soundscapes, Sat., sundown-10; Sun.-Tues. and Thurs., 7-10. Permanent exhibition of the history of Jerusalem open during these hours. General Daytime Opening Hours: Sat., 10 a.m.-2; Sun.-Thurs., 10 a.m.-4. Activities for the whole family: Pilgrimages to Jerusalem and their traditions. Stories of pilgrims from centuries ago are brought to life, followed by creative workshop. For ages 6-11. Sun.-Tues., 11 a.m.-1:30 (each 1/2 hour). Admission free for children on Succot. & 626-5333
* LOVERS IN JERUSALEM
Guided tour. A walk along the alleyways of the city to discover the great historical romances that took place there. Route: Tower of David Museum, DavidÃ•s Village, Yemin Moshe, Mishkenot ShaÃ•ananim neighborhood culminating in a visit to the exhibition Soundscapes. 1 1/2 hours. From Tower of David Museum, Mon., 6, in English. Sun.-Tues., 6, in Hebrew & 626-4347
SUCCOT FAMILY FUN
- Guided tours led by costumed actors bring Biblical stories to life. Tours start each half hour from 10:30 a.m.-13:30. For ages 5-9. Creative workshops, self-guided tour booklets for children aged 9+, daily guided tours for adults: English 10:30 a.m., Hebrew 11 a.m. Bible Lands Museum, Sun.-Tues., 10:30 a.m.-2:30 & 561-1066
- Succa-ria, Kikar Safra. 50th Annual March, Tues. Happening in Gan Sacher, Tues., 10 a.m.-4. Tastes of Jerusalem Festival, Old Train Station, Sun.-Tues., 6-11. Virtuoso Festival, Liberty Bell Garden, Sun. and Mon., 4-10. Open Day at the Firehouse, Givat Mordechai, Mon., 9 a.m.-5. Open Day at the President's House, Mon., 9 a.m.-1. Music Celebrations, Old City, Sun.-Tues. & 531-400/106/tour.jerusalem.muni.il
SUCCOT IN THE OLD CITY
- Some sites free of charge: Cardo, Gan Hatekuma, Memorial Site for Jewish Quarter Fighters. Music at the Wohl Archeological Museum, Sun. and Mon., 8 and 9:30. & 653-5133/www.rova-yehudi.org.il
BARBIE GOES SHOPPING
- Kanyon Malha, Sun.-Tues., 11 a.m.-7
- Family workshops, admission free. Har Harat, Harei Yerushalayim, between Sataf and Mevaseret, Mon., 10 a.m.-2 & 1800-350-550
Tel Aviv area
CAT SHOW 2007: HATULIADA
- Cats of all breeds from around the world. Family happening. Choosing of Israeli respresentative for International Cat Show. Rishon Lezion, Neot Hashikma, today and Sat., 10 a.m.-6 & 054-470-6440
ICON FESTIVAL -
Screening of fantasy and science fiction movies. Many artists in the fields of science fiction literature, theater, television and animation. T.A. Cinemateque, today-Thurs.
FESTIVAL ZLILEI YALDUT
- Annual event of children's concerts. Featuring Guri Alfi, Children's Choir from Georgia, Nutcracker, Efraim Sidon, Snow White on Stilts, Leah Goldberg Songs, Habama Holon Orchestra. Holon, Theater, Sat.-Tues. & 502-3001/2
MOVIES ON THE BEACH
- Short animated films. Admission free. Hof Aviv, Banana Beach, Sat.-Tues., from 7:30
SUCCOT-TARBUT: FAMILY CULTURAL EVENTS
- Three days of art for the whole family. Admission free. Artists and their work, sculptures, workshops, Ensemble Pa'amonim, digital art, theater. Herzliya Pituah, Kanyon Arena, Sun.-Tues., 11 a.m.-2 and 5-8
ANNUAL STORYTELLER'S FESTIVAL -
With Yossi Alfi. Hundreds of performers and their stories. Givatayim, Theater, Sat.-Thurs.
AMANUT HA'ARETZ 6
- Admission free. Jaffa, Port, Sun.-Tues., 5-00:00 & 606-6620
EVENTS AT THE PORT
- Circus workshops, yoga, shiatsu, reflexology. Admission free. T.A. Port, Sun.-Tues., from 12. www.namal.co.il
EGANU STREET MUSIC
- All proceeds for the advancement of the study of music. Seven stations, many performances. T.A., Port, Sun.-Tues., 5-11. Tav.eganu.com
NACHUM GUTMAN MUSEUM OF ART
- Admission free on Succot. Guided tour at 11 a.m. Neve Zedek, Rokah 21, Sun.-Tues., 10 a.m.-8 & 516-1970/www.gutmanmuseum.co.il
HISTORY OF THE BIBLE
- Abraham's Tent, Sun. and Mon., 11 a.m.-2. Musical theater, Sun. and Mon., 5:30. Authentic olive press, Tues., 11 a.m.-2. Deborah, festival's closing event, Tues., 5:30. Kanyon Azrieli
FESTIVAL OF CHILDREN'S GAMES
- For parents and children to enjoy. Old favorites such as hopscotch, jacks, cards, Monopoly and much more. Holon, Kanyon, Golda Meir 7, Sun. and Mon., 10 a.m.-7
JAFFA INTERNATIONAL FESTIVAL OF THEATER
- First of its kind festival, in the spirit of co-existence. Norman Issa, artistic director. Arab-Hebrew Theater, Jaffa, Mifratz Shlomo (next to Hamam), from Thurs.
Beersheba and South
HOT AIR BALLOONS
- Early morning: 13 balloons fly in the sky at sunrise, Sun.-Tues., 5 a.m. Night glow: Sun. and Mon., 5-9. Vibrant, colorful hot air balloons from many countries including England, Spain, US, Mexico, New Zealand, Phillipines, Egypt and others. Timna Park & (03) 521-5200
- A stage for contemporary poetry and poets from the past who have offered inspiration to the younger generation. Readings, discussions, workshops and music. Free. Mitzpe Ramon, Hanger Adama, Sun., 11 a.m.-10 & (08) 6595190
BARBIE GOES SHOPPING
- Beersheba, Hanegev Kanyon, Sun.-Tues., 11 a.m.-7
KITES - Kite-flying, workshops and music events. Tel Hai, from today
- Sponsored walks in four locations in order to introduce the country-long path to families. Guided walks and maps. Free. Locations: Tel Hai, Carmel, Sha'ar hagai and Sde Boker. & 054-466-6362
MOSHAV COUNTRY FAIR
- Harp music, Gabriel the Minstrel, BenZion Solomon and Sons, Naftaly Abrahamson, Sharyah Witt, Akiva Gursh, Joshua Lauffer, Aryeh Naftaly, concert for women, Ashara, guided visualization, women's drum-circle, Me'irah Myriam and her troupe, Reb Sholom Brodt, healing booths, artists, children's fair, jugglers, face-painting. Moshav Me'Or Modi'im, Sun., 12-11 & (08) 426-4688
9TH ANNUAL BET SHEMESH JEWISH ROCK AND SOUL MUSIC FESTIVAL
Shemeshfest 2007. Admission free. Featuring Haakevot, HaMakor, Heedoosh, Gilad and Roi of Shotei Hanevua, Soulfarm, Adi Ran, Sinai Tor, YOOD, Rockia, Gershon Veroba, Lenny Solomon-ShlockRock, Hamadregot, Chaim Dovid, Shlomo Katz, Ariel Zilber, Yishai Lapidot. Sun. and Mon., 6-11 & 052-5665 600
- Three days of music, dance and theater in a magical atmosphere. With Yamei Habeintayim and early music concerts. Yehiam Fortress, Sun.-Tues. & 1700-70-50-50/www.lagalil.com
ACCO FESTIVAL OF ALTERNATIVE THEATER 2007
- Daniela Michaeli, artistic director. 430 performances of 66 shows. Competing plays, special events, street theater. Sun.-Wed. & (04) 868-6600/www.accofestival.co.il
HOP TV CHARACTERS LAND IN ASHDOD
- Games, shows, photography workshop with favorite HOP television personalities. Admission free to all activities. Ashdod, City Kanyon, Sun.-Tues. & (08) 866-2020
- Admission free. Tractor rides, many games, food prepared with tomatoes, Indian teepee, farmer's market. Hevel Habashor, Park Shalom, Sun. and Mon. & (08) 998-2666
UP IN THE AIR
- Kites, acrobats, Spiderman, shows and workshops. Admission free to all activities. Ashdod, Star Center, Sun.-Tues. & (08) 853-5335
9TH ANNUAL JEWISH MUSIC FESTIVAL
- Musicians and artists from Israel and America including Shuti Hanevua, Ariel Zilber, Adi Ran, Roi Levy, Soul Farm, Ishai Lapidot, Shlomo Katz and many others. Also tours of area, family bike trips, juggling, street theater, stilts, drumming circle, singing, dancing, local artists. Bet Shemesh, Sun.-Tues.
- Visits to the electricity company's centers. Admission free, by reservation only. Hadera, Orot Rabin, Heftzi Ba and Rotenberg Center, today, Sun.-Wed. & (03) 567-7777/www.israel-electric.co.il
5TH ANNUAL KITE FESTIVAL AFIFONIADA
- Featuring live music by Soul Farm. Kite flying, jumping castles, workshops, crafts fair, paintball, archery, jeep tours, theatrical presentations, women's spa, pony rides, food, succa. Yishuv Pnei Kedem, southeastern Gush Etzion, Mon., 10 a.m.-4. kitefestival.pneikedem.co.il
- Horse races, rodeo, family attractions. Horshat Ben Dov, Afula, Mon., 10 a.m.-5