3 Eritrean asylum seekers stabbed in Tel Aviv

By
July 31, 2012 16:49

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user uxperience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew, Ivrit
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Repor
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

A Tel Aviv man stabbed three Eritrean asylum seekers in an internet café in south Tel Aviv’s Shapira neighborhood on Tuesday morning, leaving two patrons lightly wounded.

Police arrested a suspect shortly after the stabbing, who they described as a 38-year-old “mentally disturbed” Tel Aviv resident. Police said the man had been receiving psychiatric treatment for some time before the incident took place, but would not elaborate on the specifics of his illness. He will be brought for a hearing at the Tel Aviv Magistrate’s court on Wednesday morning, where police will seek an extension of his remand.

According to eyewitnesses, the man stabbed two patrons who had their backs to him immediately after entering the store. The owner of the internet café, Isaias Tesfamariam, said he was cut on the hand when he began struggling with the assailant, who said nothing before the attack began.

Related Content

Breaking news
July 16, 2018
Netanyahu visits Sderot after tense weekend of rocket fire

By JERUSALEM POST STAFF