Afghan, NATO operation kills 5 insurgents

By ASSOCIATED PRESS
May 4, 2010 15:14

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analysis from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

A joint operation between Afghan and NATO forces killed five insurgents in central Afghanistan, the country's defense ministry said Tuesday.

In addition, several insurgents were arrested in Monday's operation in Gezeb district of Daykundi province. All were involved in "disrupting security" in the area and planting roadside bombs, the ministry said.In neighboring Ghazni province, a roadside bomb wounded four Afghan soldiers Monday.



On Tuesday, NATO said two of its service members died in southern Afghanistan on Monday, bringing the number of international soldiers killed so far this month to six.

One service member died in a roadside bomb, the other in a vehicle accident.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Breaking news
May 25, 2019
No claim made for Lyon bomb French anti-terrorism prosecutor says

By REUTERS