Air strikes, shelling kill 19 Yemeni civilians, state news agency reports

By REUTERS
June 4, 2015 11:52

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

SANAA - An Arab air strike and Saudi artillery shelling in northern Yemen killed 19 civilians and wounded dozens of others, Yemen's state news agency Saba reported late on Wednesday, as residents reported further air raids around the country on Thursday.

The report by Saba, which is controlled by Yemen's dominant Houthi movement, could not be independently confirmed.

Local sources told the agency that Wednesday's air strike had killed 13 people. They also said six people had been killed when their car was struck by a tank shell in a neighbouring district near the border with Saudi Arabia.

.

Related Content

Breaking news
August 16, 2018
Iraq bombs Islamic State 'operations room' in Syria

By REUTERS