Barak responds to allegations of interference with US

By JPOST.COM STAFF
October 3, 2012 09:22

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

Defense Minister Ehud Barak responded Wednesday morning to allegations from the Likud that he has been acting to deepen a rift with the United States.

The Defense Minister's Office said that "Barak tries to contribute -- usually successfully -- to lowering tensions and strengthening security ties," Army Radio reported.

Independence MK Shalom Simhon told Army Radio on Wednesday that Barak's meeting with Rahm Emanuel last month was simply a meeting between old friends, and that Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu was appraised of the meeting. Simhon also shot down the idea that one minister could alter the state of relations between two allies like the United States and Israel.

Related Content

Breaking news
August 21, 2018
UK foreign minister Hunt: Trump not the isolationist many feared

By REUTERS