Cell indicted for alleged failed shooting attack in W. Bank

By
January 28, 2013 18:32
1 minute read.

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user uxperience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew, Ivrit
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Repor
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

A group of six men from the West Bank village of Beit Fajar were indicted in a military court earlier this month for their role in a shooting attack in Gush Etzion last November, the Shin Bet General Security Services cleared for publication on Monday.

During the shooting, the alleged gunman, Alaa Muhammed Shukri Takatka, 23, opened fire on a bus leaving the settlement of Migdal Oz, as well as at buildings at the settlement and Israeli security forces nearby, the Shin Bet said in a press release on Monday. No one was hurt in the shooting, but the Shin Bet said that there was some damage caused to the bus.

The Shin Bet said the group was also planning other attacks before they were caught.

The six suspects are all members of the same clan from the village of Beit Fajar outside Beit Lehem, and include members of Tanzim and Fatah.

The cell includes the alleged gunman Alaa Muhammed Shukri Takatka, 23, the driver Amad Ayad Omer Takatka, 20, and lookouts Osama Muhammed Abed al-Rahman Takatka, 21, Nadal Ravhi Taleb Takatka, 34, Muhammed Ziad Muhammed Takatka, 22, and Muhammed Yosef Ahmad Takatka, 21, who was also employed as part of the Palestinian Authority's presidential guard.

The men were arrested shortly after the shooting attempt, in a joint operation involving the Shin Bet, the IDF, and police from the Judea and Samaria sub-district. On January 13th they were indicted by a military court, on charges including attempted first degree murder and membership in a banned organization.

Related Content

Breaking news
July 21, 2018
IDF tank struck a Hamas outpost north of the Gaza Strip

By JPOST.COM STAFF