Civil Administration destroys settler protest structures

By
January 20, 2010 05:02

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

The Civil Administration of Judea and Samaria on Tuesday destroyed three illegal makeshift structures that settlers had erected to protest against the 10-month moratorium on new housing starts.

In Elon Moreh, the civil administration destroyed a caravan. According to a civil administration spokesman, it also destroyed a wooden shack that had been erected in the Kochav Ya'acov settlement and a wooden shack that had been erected in the Kochav Hashahar settlement.

But a spokesman for the Binyamin Citizens Committee said that flooring work on a home in Kochav Hashahar and on a house in Kochav Ya'acov had been torn up by the civil administration.

Separately, a security source said that the civil administration removed two illegal additions in the Jaba village near the Geva Binyamin (Adam) settlement.

Related Content

Breaking news
August 21, 2018
UK foreign minister Hunt: Trump not the isolationist many feared

By REUTERS