Clinton expresses shock, regret at Afghan massacre

By REUTERS
March 12, 2012 19:52

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user uxperience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew, Ivrit
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Repor
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

UNITED NATIONS - US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton on Monday expressed shock and regret at the "inexplicable" massacre of 16 Afghan villagers by a US soldier, which has prompted calls for an immediate American exit from the decade-long war in Afghanistan.

"I was shocked and saddened by the killings of innocent Afghan villagers," Clinton said. "This is not who we are and the United States is committed to seeing that those responsible are held accountable."

Clinton acknowledged that it had been a "difficult and complex few weeks" in Afghanistan for the United States.

"This terrible incident does not change our steadfast dedication to protecting the Afghan people and to doing everything we can to help build a strong and stable Afghanistan," she said at the United Nations.

Related Content

Breaking news
July 20, 2018
Singaporean company director charged for supplying luxury goods to N.Korea

By REUTERS