Defense Minister: Iran delayed nuclear program

By JPOST.COM STAFF
October 30, 2012 21:05

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user uxperience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew, Ivrit
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Repor
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

Iran used over a third of its medium-enriched uranium for civilian purposes earlier this year, and with that delayed its military nuclear program, Defense Minister Ehud Barak said in an interview with the Daily Telegraph on Tuesday.

Barak told the The Daily Telegraph that without this delay, the conflict with Iran would have escalated before the US presidential election.

The defense minister added he did not believe sanctions and diplomacy would succeed in resolving the situation and predicted Israel and the US would likely have to face the decision of whether or not to launch a military strike against the Islamic Republic's nuclear facilities "next year."

Related Content

Breaking news
July 20, 2018
IDF confirms second strike on positions in Gaza

By JONATHAN WEBER ROSEN