Egypt candidate accuses rival over HQ attack

By REUTERS
June 10, 2012 22:01

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

CAIRO - One of the two finalists in Egypt's presidential race on Sunday accused his opponent's party of orchestrating an attack on his campaign offices, as the contest that has divided the nation took a bitter new turn.

The run-off on June 16 and 17 is the last stage in Egypt's first free presidential election and pits Ahmed Shafiq, ousted Hosni Mubarak's last prime minister, against the Muslim Brotherhood candidate Mohamed Mursi.

Shafiq, a former air force commander, on Sunday said the Brotherhood had hired thugs to carry out a raid on his headquarters in Cairo last month, when attackers set fire to storage rooms and smashed computers.

The Brotherhood, in turn, accused Shafiq of "huge lies" and said he did nothing in the last days of former President Mubarak's rule to stop a notorious camel charge on protesters.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Breaking news
October 16, 2018
Iran says it has killed mastermind of deadly attack on parade

By REUTERS